Hi, before anything else, please know that this project is purely machine translated with the occasional help of a Japanese-English dictionary. While these tools can give me the general thought of a line, it won't give me the "feel" or tone of that line. In those cases, I can only rely on my imagination. I always try to make the dialogue flow naturally and also retain the Japanese "feeling" of those lines. By no means is this a perfect translation, but I hope the quality of my work suits your tastes.
Also added a poll for the next scene you want to see translated. (only for the inner circle of apples/stars for now)
- Main Menu, Reset Settings, Game Style Settings
- Scene select (Mako's greetings, scene titles and some star hints)
- Climbing pole scene
- True Ending
- Complete CG (originally no subs)
- Misc scenes
- Menu items
- Made some options and dialogue more immersive.
- Fixed new line problem for alphanumeric text.
- Fixed fonts used in the subtitles (the original have jumbled punctuation marks)
- Added subtitles to sponsor and complete CG.
- Added subs to complete CG.
- 100% translation (of course)
- There are some unused voice recordings that calls out the title, it might be interesting to shuffle them once you reach the title screen.
- Improve this horrendous project description
Currently, this mod can only be applied to a v1.2 Type-B copy since that's the only copy I have.
Copy contents of zip archive to root installation folder.
Type-A vs Type-B
Based from my observations, Type-A uncensors Mako's age and grade, adds a randoseru (backpack), and has a generally more degenerate dialogue for the MC.
Reporting Bugs, Translation/Dialogue Errors and Suggestions
This is my first time fiddling with KAG code so there might be bugs from the changes I applied to the code, if so, please just comment it here so I can investigate it. Also, if you find my writing and translation weird or off, please do tell me so I can fix them. I only do this on my spare time (which is not much) so I haven't done extensive proofreading on it. Please also tell me if you find lines that need more improvement in their delivery, grammar, structure, etc.
TLDR: Just comment them down in this thread.
There is currently an old MTL translation available around the web (and in this thread) which also merges Type-A and Type-B into one, I found it buggy and the MTL unpolished. It's a shame that it has been abandoned, it had great potential in becoming a definitive version of this game. I wanted to see this game to be at least fully translated so I took it upon my hands and started from scratch.
P.S.: Due to some financial challenges, I can currently only use limited mobile data for internet so all I could upload is the small patch file. This is also the reason why I am inactive lately (and in the future probably). So I'm sorry for that, I hope you understand.